Monday, September 24, 2007

A fancy pizza party



Pizza is a great equalizer in a veggie/carnivore crowd. Even meat eaters like cheese pizza, so there's almost always a veggie option when there's pizza ordering going on in a group (I'm thinking mostly of work right now, when we get 15 pizzas delivered for a meeting). And then most people like onions, peppers or mushrooms, so those are pretty standard pizza toppings and some good dependable toppings for vegetarians.

Ah, but there's a whole world of fancy-pants vegetarian pizza out there beyond the cheese, none more satisfying than at Emma's in Cambridge. I really devoured the #3 sweet potato pizza, with caramelized onions, goat cheese and spinach, and lots of delectable rosemary leaves too. My friends went carnivore for our other pizza, so I didn't have to share too much of my tasty veggie-friendly pie.

I do like my classic cheese pizza, though, so I could have used a bit more grease and saltiness than Emma's provides. It feels more like going out for dinner than going out for pizza, so I'd stick with standard pizza if you're having a craving.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I looove that pizza at Emma's. Anything with sweet potatoes or caramelized onions. Also try one with ricotta.